In addition to the widespread plant closures at DaimlerChrysler Corp. (see p.1), General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. are shutting down certain assembly plants in December and January to reduce mounting inventories. GM is dialing back production at its St. Therese, Que., Camaro/Firebird plant to 35 cars per day, down from 45. The automaker also plans to close the facility for the first three weeks of January. In Europe, GM's Luton, U.K., Opel Vectra factory will be closed for four weeks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.