DaimlerChrysler Canada has scheduled overtime shifts for every Saturday for the foreseeable future at the Windsor (Ont.) Assembly Plant that makes the new family of Chrysler minivans. The plant is at full production building the '01 models and incentives are clearing out the safety bank of '00 models. DC had 30,000 units of extra inventory in case the ramp up did not meet expectations. Most of the '00 units are short wheelbase models to cover the almost four-month gap between build out and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.