New United Motor Mfg. Inc.’s Fremont, CA, assembly plant will be closed Monday (Feb. 18) for the President’s Day holiday. Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s Chonju, South Korea, plant reportedly is included in a commercial truck joint venture the auto maker is forming with DaimlerChrysler AG. The deal is expected to be finalized by year end. General Motors Corp.’s Orion, MI, and Linden, NJ, assembly plants confirm plans to eliminate thousands of jobs. Orion will layoff 1,100 employees and Linden ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.