Ford Motor Co.’s sales plummeted in March, but even darker days lay ahead, the auto maker’s top marketing executive warns. Ford deliveries totaled 222,123 last month, a 7.4% decline compared with year-ago, according to Ward’s data, adjusted for sales days – 26 vs. 28 in 2007. “I would like to say the worst is behind us, but I can’t give that assurance,” says Jim Farley, group vice president-marketing and communications. “Our sense is the second quarter of this year may be the most ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.