WINDSOR, ON, Canada – Chrysler’s next-generation minivan platform must accommodate all-wheel-drive, CEO Sergio Marchionne says, outlining the auto maker’s strategy to maintain its 28-year dominance of the family vehicle segment. Though well off their peak years – U.S. dealers delivered more than 1million units annually from 1993-2005, according to Ward’s data – minivan sales through April were tracking 15.3% ahead of like-2010. Chrysler, with the Dodge Grand Caravan and core-brand Town ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.