India’s Maruti Udyog Ltd.’s board of directors approves an investment of Rs33 billion ($756 million) for two new production joint ventures — a passenger-car plant and an engine facility, to be located in Manesar in the Haryana state near Delhi. The car plant will be managed under a new JV, Maruti Suzuki Automobiles India Ltd., in which Maruti will hold 70% and its major stakeholder, Suzuki Motor Corp., will hold the balance. The plant's initial capacity will be 100,000 units annually, with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.