NEW DELHI — Maruti Udyog Ltd., an equal partnership between the Indian government and Suzuki Motor Corp., had all the advantages of a successful automaker — sound technology, reliable quality and consumer trust, an infrastructure of more than 1,700 outlets and workshops in 500 cities, plus first-rate financial strength, with negligible outside borrowings. It created one of the most powerful brand equities and was a highly profitable enterprise at one time. Starting three years ago, Maruti ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.