MUMBAI – India sold 1.89 million light vehicles in fiscal 2009, ended March 31, up 6.8% compared with prior-year. Among gainers in the year-long tally, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. sales saw the biggest jump of 37.8% to 497,432 units. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. had a higher result of 792,166 deliveries, but its overall growth rate was only 3.6%. Mercedes-Benz India Ltd. sales rose 14.1% to 3,302, primarily due to new models introduced in the marketplace. Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. saw a 1.2% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.