NEW DELHI – Maruti Udyog Ltd. made an impact on the market in two weeks with the introductory price of the new Swift. Maruti Swift It lapped up 18,000 orders – with full payments in advance. And with deliveries now backlogged by a few months, eager buyers are paying up to $575 extra to move ahead in line. (See related story: Maruti Launches Long-Awaited Swift) That demand is prompting action at Maruti, which earlier this month raised prices $185-$230. “We have already got enough ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.