MUMBAI – India’s Maruti Udyog Ltd. reports an 11% gain in profits during the third quarter (ended Dec. 31), as net income reached Rs3.76 billion ($84.9 million). The results disappointed analysts, who forecast a 14%-15% profit gain to Rs3.86 billion-Rs3.89 billion ($87.2 million-$87.9 million) for the auto maker during the quarter. The performance came on a 19% jump in revenues to Rs38 billion ($861 million) and 18% surge in vehicle sales to 172,181 units, up from 145,410 year-ago. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.