NEW DELHI — The Indian government is in talks with Suzuki Motor Corp. regarding the sale of its stake in Maruti Udyog Ltd. Suzuki and the government own India's largest automaker in a 50/50 partnership, but India is looking to divest at least a portion of its share. Ford Motor Co., which has made significant inroads into the Indian market with its Ikon car, recently expressed interest in purchasing the open stake in the company, saying that if the offer came up, the company would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.