MUMBAI – Maruti Suzuki sold only 77% of the cars it produced in the April-July period, driving up inventories at plants and in dealer showrooms. Deliveries in July, alone, including exports, tumbled 34.7%, according to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers’ data. Export sales have been particularly hard hit this year, falling by 10,000 units to 130,000 through July. The end of scrappage programs in the European Union and the current financial crisis in that region have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.