MUMBAI – Workers at Maruti Suzuki’s Manesar plant ended their 13-day strike Thursday, but the facility’s 2,000 employees are observing a rest day Friday and will resume their jobs on Saturday. Some 800 striking workers stationed themselves inside the plant for the length of the labor action, with limited facilities for sleeping and bathing. The remainder lined up outside the court-enforced 1,641-ft. (500-m) limit outside the plant gates to prevent non-striking employees from walking in. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.