Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks plunged 37.8% last month in the U.S., as Class 8 suffered a whopping 53.5% decline in demand. Total big-truck volume reached 31,540 units in May, down from 48,774 year-ago. Related document: Ward’s U.S. Truck Sales by Weight Class – May 2007 In Class 8, where volume stood at 12,154, all truck makers saw declines in the month, with Volvo Truck North America Inc.’s namesake brand down the most, 69.5%, on sales of 810 units. Sales of Freightliner ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.