Ward's is forecasting record volume in May for U.S. light vehicle sales, including the highest daily selling rate (DSR) ever but “only” the third highest seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) on record. Normal seasonal trends indicate that May sales will rise about 15% from April, based on DSRs, with manufacturers prepped with strong inventories to take advantage of what's typically the highest volume month of the year. Possible roadblocks to a record month are the volatile stock market — ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.