North American production is slightly behind schedule for May and manufacturers are expected to finish the month nearly 21,000 units below plan, a 1.2% shortfall (see data p.7). That gap is not surprising considering the industry built to 102% of plan in April and 101% in March, and it is not significant enough to hurt overall inventory levels or indicate manufacturers are anticipating a slowdown in the next few months. May North American output is projected to finish at 1.69 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.