NEW YORK – Mercedes unveiled its Maybach super luxury car here on the eve of the New York International Auto Show at an off-site location. But the car, fenced off and shrouded with tinted plexiglass, was no more visible than it was at the Geneva show in March. A better look is promised for the Paris auto show this fall. Meanwhile, Mercedes is readying its new factory within a factory to build the Maybach in Sindelfingen, Germany. Right now there are 250 workers in pre-production training ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.