The courtroom battle between DaimlerChrysler and investor Kirk Kerkorian all comes down to this: Were stockholders fooled, or just Daimler and Chrysler management? At issue is whether Daimler and Chrysler brass knowingly misled investors when they billed the tie-up between the two automotive giants as a “merger of equals.” Had it been characterized as a takeover of Chrysler by Daimler, as many now see it to be, stockholders likely would have enjoyed a bigger payoff – which is the crux ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.