DETROIT – Since its launch last year in the Asia/Pacific region, the BT-50 1-ton pickup truck has “done very well” for Mazda Motor Corp., Dan Morris, head of global sales and marketing, says. And, since Ford Motor Co. is slated to shutter its Twin Cities, MN, plant where it makes the Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series compact pickups for North America, the Mazda BT-50 would make a logical replacement – if not for the unpleasant issue of import duties. “It’s always on the agenda. Even in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.