Little Miss Muffet has nothing on Mazda when it comes to encounters with spiders. All the spider did was sit down beside the fairy-tale character, but in Mazda’s case an alarming amount of arachnids are lodging in the evaporative canister vent line of Mazda6 sedans. The result: a recall affecting some 65,000 vehicles. The yellow sac spider has been identified as the culprit. Its nest-building activities can potentially clog the car’s fuel-tank vent, creating pressure that could crack ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.