Mazda Motor Corp. commences production of the third-generation MX-5 Miata sports car at its Ujina No.1 plant in Hiroshima, Japan. The MX-5 Miata is the first model to be mass-produced at Ujina since painting operations restarted in April following a fire there last December. (See related story: Painting Resuming at Mazda's Ujina Plant) The first MX-5, known as the Mazda Roadster in Japan, is a velocity red model with matching red leather interior bound for North America. It has a 2L ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.