DETROIT – Enthused by a faster-than-expected sell-down of the ’09 model, Mazda Motor Corp. will increase output beyond its scheduled plan for the new ’10 Mazda3, a top U.S. official says. “We’ve been able to add Mazda3 production in the back half of the year for the U.S., Canada and Mexico,” Jim O’Sullivan, president and CEO-Mazda North American Operations, tells Ward’s. “Not big numbers, but we’re ahead of plan, which is a good thing.” O’Sullivan, who was in Detroit to accept a 2009 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.