NEW YORK – Although several auto makers are coming out with performance-oriented large cars, Mazda Motor North America Inc. says it has no plans to re-enter that segment. Mazda discontinued its Millenia large sedan two years ago in the U.S. A company official tells Ward’s here in an interview that despite several entries in the D-segment that pack a horsepower punch, including the Chrysler 300 with its Hemi V-8 engine and new Toyota Avalon, boasting a whopping 280 hp from its base 3.5L ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.