Mazda Motor Corp. adds a new turbocharged engine model to its Japanese-market Mazda Roadster. The Roadster, sold as the Miata in the U.S., gets a 1.8L turbocharged engine, which increases torque more than 20% as compared with the base model. Other upgrades include a high-performance chassis and sporty interior and exterior packages. The limited-edition sporty version of the Roadster goes on sale in Japan in February, with a price tag of ¥2,570,000 ($23,947).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.