SOUTHFIELD, MI – Minivans are dead, or at least that is what Mazda North American Operations thinks. In its ongoing marketing quest to boost its zoom-zoom image, the auto maker has eschewed the word minivan and instead is calling its new 6-passenger Mazda5 an MAV, for multi-activity vehicle. (See related story: Mazda Lineup Addresses All Midsize Needs) The new Mazda5 MAV Built on the Mazda3 small-car platform, the diminutive Mazda5 maximizes space, offering three rows of seating, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.