NEW YORK — Mazda Motor Corp. may engineer the Ford Motor Co.'s future front-wheel-drive C/D midsize vehicle under its “Millennium Plan” designed to give the Japanese carmaker, 34% owned by Ford, a more vital role. The plan seeks to reestablish itself as the maker of expressive products and reasonable profits. The company's vital role includes responsibility for engineering Ford's future C/D midsize vheicles, a classification that exists in Japan and Europe and includes Ford of Europe's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.