TOKYO – Mazda North American Operations is giving its U.S. Mazda5 owners $500 cash and will reset their warranties to make amends for a transmission programming problem that could have caused a vehicle fire. About 2,100 U.S. customers will get letters this week, advising them of MNAO’s offer and providing technical information about the problem, a spokesman says. Mazda5 No one was injured, but there were three fires reported that have been linked to extended high-rpm operation. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.