Mazda Motor Corp.’s Ujina Plant No.2, or U2, began production in Japan today. The plant, which opened in December 1972, was closed in September 2001 as part of a restructuring at Mazda. U2, which previously built the Familia/323/Protege models, produced the Demio as its first model today. The reopened plant boasts an environmentally friendly Three Layer Wet Paint System, introduced by Mazda last year, which reduces volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions 45% and lowers energy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.