TOKYO — Mazda Motor Corp. confirms rumors that it will supply commercial vehicles to Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (see WAI Update — April '99, p.2). The two automakers announce that Mazda will provide 8,000 of its Bongo commercial vans and trucks annually on an OEM basis, starting this fall. Mitsubishi, which plans to sell the vehicles domestically under its Delica brand, has immediate plans to halt production of its own Delica models domestically, except those for export. Experts see the move ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.