With fuel economy at an all-time premium among car buyers, Mazda North American Operations engineers employ some nifty tweaks to the auto maker’s 2.3L direct-injection spark ignition (DISI) turbocharged 4-cyl. engine to eke out a few more miles per gallon. The 2.3L DISI, a multiple Ward’s 10 Best Engines winner, is the up-level mill used in the Mazda CX-7 cross/utility vehicle and Mazdaspeed3 small car, where it is tuned for performance and does not receive the fuel-economy improvements. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.