Mazda Motor Corp. launches production of its latest “new generation” vehicle, the 323/Protege replacement that will be called the Mazda3 in most markets and Axela in Japan. The new car is the fourth all-new Mazda developed under the company’s “new generation” program aimed at reinventing the product-development process. Following the success of other new-generation products such as the Mazda6, Mazda2 and RX-8, the auto maker promises the same “zoom-zoom” driving experience with Mazda3. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.