MONTEREY, CA – Launching amid a “perfect storm” of economic woe has not helped sales of the redesigned-for-’09 Mazda6, but Mazda North American Operations hopes aggressive pricing will lead to a calmer climate. “The Mazda6 was launched at the worst possible time,” Tim Barnes, director of product planning and strategy, tell Ward’s. “We launched the car in September, and that is basically when the industry imploded. We’re not where we anticipated we’d be at this time.” Through July, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.