Unexpectedly high demand for the V-6 powered Mazda6s has Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) shifting gears at its plant in Flat Rock, MI. Demand for Mazda’s Duratec-based 3L V-6 is strong among Mazda6 buyers. The auto maker based its long-term production schedule on a 65:35 forecast that favored the 160-hp MZR I-4 engine that powers the Mazda6i. But early showroom returns intimate the Duratec-based 3.0L V-6 will be more popular than anticipated. (see related story: Mazda6 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.