Admonishing the auto industry for failing to embrace lean manufacturing, and deriding cottage practitioners of the discipline, Freudenberg-NOK Chairman and Chief Executive Joseph Day forms The Lean Center. Declaring he’s "hopping mad" at the state of North America’s auto industry, Mr. Day says The Lean Center — sponsored by Freudenberg-NOK — is devoted to teaching efficiency-oriented practices popularized by Toyota Motor Corp. For a fee, the Lean Center offers training programs to other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.