DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz unit now owns controlling interest in AMG, the long-esteemed high-performance “tuner” of Mercedes cars that formerly operated essentially as an aftermarket entity. And with increased integration of AMG's operations into Mercedes, the president of the newly formed Mercedes-AMG GmbH says the company has its sights set on outselling rival BMW AG's vaunted M performance models in the U.S., BMW's largest single market for its specially tuned vehicles. Wolfgang ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.