Mercedes-Benz launches South African production of the new C-Class sedan at its plant in East London, where a new assembly line was installed. “Our products must deliver top quality, no matter where they are built,” Mercedes Car Group Chief Operating Officer Rainer Schmuckle says. “That is why we apply the same manufacturing targets and requirements around the world.” The latest C-Class is the third generation of the vehicle to be produced in South Africa. Since 2000, the plant has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.