SAO PAULO – DaimlerChrysler AG may halt production of its Mercedes-Benz A-Class ahead of schedule. The factory in Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, says it is suspending production of the A-Class, the only model currently produced at the plant. Mercedes A-Class Suppliers recently received notices that beginning in March, the auto maker no longer will be ordering parts and components. Mercedes had planned to maintain A-Class production through April, and the plant’s 1,100 workers now are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.