CANBERRA – Mercedes-Benz is bringing the world's first standard 7-speed automatic transmission for passenger cars to Australia next March, following introduction in Europe this fall. The luxury auto maker says the new 7G-TRONIC 7-speed automatic will be a standard feature on the E500, S430, S500, CL500 and SL500 models, replacing the current 5-speed automatic. Recommended retail pricing will be announced closer to local release. Mercedes says the new transmission reduces fuel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.