After years of consumer complaints regarding vehicle quality, Mercedes-Benz issues a worldwide recall of as many as 1.3 million vehicles already in service. The recall covers all 6-cyl. and 8-cyl. gasoline-powered models to check and possibly replace the voltage regulator. Also included in the recall are E-Class and CLS cars produced between January 2002 and January 2005. Those vehicles will receive new battery control unit software to enhance the on-board power supply. A Mercedes-Benz ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.