CHICAGO – Mercedes-Benz is expanding its use of forced induction, suggests the president of its high-performance division. Ulrich Bruhnke tells Ward's a groundbreaking announcement about a turbocharged AMG product is imminent. Mercedes Benz AMGE55 sedan features Lysholm supercharger. Asked about the auto maker’s decision to go with Lysholm technology instead of a Roots-type supercharger in the new-generation ’04 E55AMG sedan, Bruhnke rejects any notion of exclusivity. “We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.