Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc. officially will begin selling the G-Class sport/utility vehicle (SUV) this fall, says Juergen Hubbert, DaimlerChrysler AG board member in charge of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and Smart. The vehicle will be close in price to the $66,545 ML55 SUV, and sales are expected at 600-700 units annually, Mr. Hubbert says. In the U.S., it will come only with a 296-hp V-8. No diesel will be offered. U.S. sales are expected to be centered on the West and Northeast regions. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.