MANCHESTER, VT – Daimler AG will invest €14 billion ($20 billion) in lithium-ion-battery, alternate-fuels and turbocharger research and development, among other technologies focused on sustainable mobility, by 2010. Thomas Weber, vice president of R&D and member of the board of management, reveals the plan at a recent media event here during which the auto maker debuts its ’09 Bluetec diesel engine. It is the cleanest diesel ever offered in the U.S. and meets Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.