SAN ANTONIO, TX – After a 5-year hiatus, Mercedes-Benz USA once again is offering a diesel sedan in the U.S. The E320 CDI launches in mid April as an ’05 model priced at less than $50,000. The car will be offered in 45 states. California, New York, Massachusetts, Maine and Vermont clean air regulations can't be met by the diesel E-Class, precluding it from sale in those states. Mercedes E-Class Fuel economy is 27/37 mpg (8.7-6.4L/100 km) city/highway, compared with 19/27 mpg ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.