VANCE, AL – DaimlerChrysler AG's new small cross/utility vehicle planned for the Mercedes brand will be a global vehicle, with North America among the destined markets, a spokesman tells Ward's. The new 5-passenger CUV, reportedly to be called the MLK, will slot below the M-Class and be assembled at DC's Bremen, Germany, plant that currently builds the C-Class, SL and SLK passenger cars. (See related story: Mercedes to Build New SUV in Bremen, Not Brazil) CKD assembly of C-Class being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.