The local content of Thai-made Mercedes-Benz cars will be lifted to 40% next year to increase export potential, DaimlerChrysler (Thailand) Co. President Karl-Heinz Heckhausen says in published reports. The company now uses 23% local content in the S-, E- and C-Class models currently assembled in Thailand. The expected boost in local content does not necessarily imply there are definite plans to begin exporting, but it does increase export potential, says a Mercedes spokesman. Products ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.