CAP D'ANTIBES, France — The Mercedes-Benz CL Coupe is not just another pretty face. The German automaker has lofty plans for the top-of-the-line vehicle that it describes as a dream car for those who find that good just isn't good enough. “We have a highly ambitious objective for it: to double the number of units sold whilst seeing our direct competitors suffer substantial losses at the same time,” says Juergen Hubbert DaimlerChrysler AG board member in charge of Mercedes-Benz passenger ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.