Expansion of the Mercedes-Benz assembly plant in Vance, AL, is “a work in progress,” officials say, but the second product will not be a pickup or a sport/utility-minivan crossover. The air in Alabama is heavy with rumors of expansion and none were put to rest with the recent visit by Hans-Joachim Schoepf, DaimlerChrysler AG's management board member and head of development for Mercedes-Benz and Smart passenger cars. Mr. Schoepf says he wants the facility to grow and while he had no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.