The U.S. elite now will be able to protect themselves in Mercedes style. Starting in November, DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz Div. U.S. dealers will offer its S500 Guard armored vehicle. Available for more than 70 years in Europe, the Middle East and South America, M-B Guard vehicles were not previously crash-test certified for the U.S. With its newly-certified S500, Mercedes hopes to grab its share of the U.S. armored car market, which totals about 1,000 units per year. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.