PHOENIX – Bristling with state of the art engineering, the fifth-generation Mercedes SL500 is, arguably, the most technologically advanced car ever produced – in addition to the sort of power, outstanding design and ride quality befitting a $90,000 roadster. On sale in the U.S. next month, it is a descendant of the gullwing 300SL launched in 1954. See related story The ’03 SL500 can transform itself from coupe to roadster in 16 seconds. It has a 5L SOHC V-8 that develops 302 hp at 5,600 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.