Mercedes-Benz will take the wraps off the production version of its high-performance SLR McLaren sports coupe at the Frankfurt Motor Show this fall. The SLR will help showcase some of the technologies born as part of Mercedes’ Formula 1 racing program with McLaren. Mercedes dubs the new-generation SLR as a “futuristic interpretation” of the SLRs of the past. SLR has a rich history at Mercedes, with the 1955 Mille Miglia race in Italy having been won by Stirling Moss and his SLR. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.